Wednesday 3 January 1923
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 3, 1923). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Charles Tingwell and Dragutin Gostuski.
Robin Hood, directed by Allan Dwan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 January 1923
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1923!
Which were the important events of 3 January 1923 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
- Dragutin Gostuski: Composer.
- Charles Tingwell: Australian actor (d. 2009).
- Bud Adams: American businessman (d. 2013).
- Hank Stram: American football player and coach (d. 2005).
- Bud Tingwell: Australian actor director and producer (d. 2009).
- Jaroslav Hasek: Czech writer (Good Soldier Schweyk), dies at 39.