Sunday 1 January 1922, NewYear’s Day
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 1, 1922). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include André Bergeron and Ernest F Hollings (Senator-Democrat-South Carolina.
Tol'able David, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 January 1922
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1922!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1922 ?
- André Bergeron: French union boss and trade union activist who served as the General Secretary of the French General Federation of Workers.
- Ernest F Hollings (Senator-Democrat-South Carolina: 1966-).
- Pierre Franck: French director, who was head of the Hébertot Theatre from 2003 until his death on 13 November 2013.
- Ernest Hollings: American politician, a US Senator from South Carolina.
- Fritz Hollings: Politician.
- Roz Howard: American race car driver (d. 2013).
- Jerry Robinson: American illustrator (d. 2011).
- Robert Brun: Bordeaux Military man.
- Istvan Kuhar: Slovene (Prekmurian) writer and politician (Born 1887).
- Vancouver, BC starts driving on the right side of road