Sunday 1 January 1922, NewYear’s Day
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ernest F Hollings (Senator-Democrat-South Carolina and André Bergeron.
Der Film ohne Namen, directed by Georg Alexander, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
while The Sheik by Edith M. Hull was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1922!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1922 ?
- Ernest F Hollings (Senator-Democrat-South Carolina: 1966-).
- André Bergeron: French union boss and trade union activist who served as the General Secretary of the French General Federation of Workers.
- Pierre Franck: French director, who was head of the Hébertot Theatre from 2003 until his death on 13 November 2013.
- Ernest Hollings: American politician, a US Senator from South Carolina.
- Robert Brun: Bordeaux Military man.
- Istvan Kuhar: Slovene (Prekmurian) writer and politician (Born 1887).
- Vancouver, BC starts driving on the right side of road
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?