Sunday 14 January 1923
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lucien Barrière and Fred Beckey.
While Paris Sleeps, directed by Maurice Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
while Babbitt by Sinclair Lewis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1923!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1923 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- Lucien Barrière: French entrepreneur, owner of the casino group carrying his name.
- Fred Beckey: American mountaineer and author.
- Zubeyde Han?m: Mother of Mustafa Kemal Ataturk (Born 1857).
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1923 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Nellie Kelly I Love You - American Quartet
- Carolina in the Morning - Van & Schenck
- Homesick - Nora Bayes
- Suez - Clyde Doerr & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?