Friday 1 July 1910
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Glenn Hardin .
Hercules and the Big Stick, directed by mile Cohl, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
while The Rosary Florence by L. Barcla was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 July 1910!
Which were the important events of 1 July 1910 ?
- Canada Day (formerly Dominion Day) - national holiday of Canada. Moving Day in the province of QuTbec
- 1899 - Indiana Jones's birthday.
- In Bulgaria, there is a tradition called July Morning dating from the hippy period in 1980s and maybe as far back as the 1970s. Young (and not so young) people from all over the country travel (often hitchhike) to the Black Sea coast to meet the first sun rays on the 1st of July. Naturally Uriah Heep's July Morning is the main refrain. Although the tradition is linked to the hippy movement in America, it is still popular in Bulgaria. Strangely, it seems that there is no such tradition in other
- Surinam Keti Koti (Breaking of Chains) Day of Liberty; On July 1, 1863 slavery was abolished.
- Memorial Day in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Establishment Day.
- Marius Petipa: French dancer and choreographer.
- White Sox Park (Comiskey Park) opens with 2-0 loss to Browns
- Union of South Africa becomes a dominion.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1910 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Shine On, Harvest Moon - Arthur Pryor's Band
- Where the River Shannon Flows - Henry Burr
- Harry Lauder - The Bounding Bounder, Or On the Bounding Sea
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?