Tuesday 5 July 1910
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Georges Vedel and Robert K Meston.
Hercules and the Big Stick, directed by mile Cohl, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
while A Modern Chronicle by Winston Churchill was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 July 1910!
Which were the important events of 5 July 1910 ?
- Isle of Man: Tynwald Day (1266).
- Venezuela: Independence Day (1811).
- Algeria: Independence Day (1962).
- Cape Verde: Independence Day (1975).
- Church of the SubGenius: X-Day (1998).
- Armenia: Constitution Day (1995)
- Czech Republic and Slovakia: Arrival of Saints Cyril and Methodius in Great Moravia (around 863).
- Georges Vedel: French public law professor, credited as being "the reviser of public law" in France.
- Robert K Meston: US sociologist (functionalism).
- Robert K Merton: American sociologist (d. 2003).
- André Patou: French military officer in World War II, an admiral in the French Resistance, awarded the title of 'Compagnon de la Libération' (English: Companion of the Liberation).
- Andr? Patou: Parthenay Military man.
- S Poniman: Indonesian singer and actor (d. 1978).
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1910 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Cubanola Glide - Prince's Orchestra
- Moonlight in Jungle Land - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Casey Jones - Billy Murray & American Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?