Monday 4 July 1910, US Independence Day
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Francis D Foley and William T "Champion Jack" Dupree.
Hercules and the Big Stick, directed by mile Cohl, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
while A Modern Chronicle by Winston Churchill was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 July 1910!
Which were the important events of 4 July 1910 ?
- Filipino-American Friendship Day
- In astronomy, the approximate date of Earth's aphelion.
- United States and Denmark - Independence Day (1776)
- Francis D Foley: US Lieutenant Admiral (WWII, Guadalcanal).
- William T "Champion Jack" Dupree: US boxer / slaughterhouse pianist.
- Peter McIntyre: New Zealand artist, appointed his nation’s official war artist in January 1941.
- Guy Lazorthes: Toulouse physician.
- de MIMERAND Henry Rancourt: Cernoy-en-Berry Military man.
- Gloria Stuart: Actress (Rose-Titanic) / founder (Screen actors Guild)
- Robert Merton: American sociologist and scholar (d. 2003)
- Jack Johnson KOs James J Jeffries in 15 for heavyweight boxing title
- African-American boxer Jack Johnson knocks out white boxer Jim Jeffries in a heavyweight boxing match sparking race riots across the United States.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1910 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Casey Jones - Billy Murray & American Quartet
- Moonlight in Jungle Land - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Cubanola Glide - Prince's Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?