Saturday 1 June 1940US date format: 6/1/1940, UK date format: 1/6/1940
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini (see birth chart on June 1, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include René Auberjonois and Bernard Housset.
The Ghost Breakers, directed by George Marshall, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 June 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 1940!
Which were the important events of 1 June 1940 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
- René Auberjonois: American actor singer and director.
- Bernard Housset: French Catholic clergyman who has been...
- Kip Thorne: American physicist astronomer and...
- Rene Auberjonois: American actor.
- Katerina Gogou: Greek actress and poet (d. 1993).
- Coffee and tea rationed in Holland
- General Major Bernard Montgomery returns to London
- Nazi occupiers kick Jews out of Dutch air guard
- The Leninist Communist Youth League of the Karelo-Finnish SSR holds its first congress.
- The Brooklyn-Manhattan Transit Corporation goes out of business, giving the City of New York full control of the subway system in the city.