Wednesday 1 June 1921
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pierre Bensoussan and Nelson Riddle.
Carmen, directed by Ernst Lubitsch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
while The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 1921!
Which were the important events of 1 June 1921 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
- Pierre Bensoussan: French psychiatrist.
- Nelson Riddle: American composer, arranger, and conductor often given credit for "making" the careers of such popular singers as Frank Sinatra and Rosemary Clooney.
- Race riot in Tusla Okla (21 whites and 60 blacks killed).
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1921 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Just Snap Your Fingers at Care - Nora Bayes
- Home Again Blues - Frank Crumit
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?