Wednesday 1 June 1921
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Nelson Riddle and Pierre Bensoussan.
The Love Punch, directed by Joel Hopkins, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 June 1921
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 1921!
Which were the important events of 1 June 1921 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
- Nelson Riddle: American composer, arranger, and conductor often given credit for "making" the careers of such popular singers as Frank Sinatra and Rosemary Clooney.
- Pierre Bensoussan: French psychiatrist.
- Race riot in Tusla Okla (21 whites and 60 blacks killed).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1921 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Kitten On the Keys - Zez Confrey & His Orchestra
- I Ain't Got Nobody - Marion Harris