Wednesday 1 May 1912
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 1, 1912). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Winthrop Rockefeller and Anna Pollak.
The Cry of the Children, directed by George Nichols, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 May 1912
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 1 May 1912 ?
- Saint James the Less.
- Saint Sigismund of Burgundy.
- Saint Florine
- Saint Augustin Schoeffer
- Saint Theodulf.
- Saint Andeol.
- Czech Republic - "National Love Day" ? couples tend to flock to the memorial of the poet Karel Hynek M�cha in Prague and kiss.
- Festival of Matsu in Taiwan and various locales along the southern coast of China (2005).
- Malta - L-Ewwel ta Mejju, Malta, Jum il-haddiem (Worker's Day).
- United States - Law Day, U.S.A., Loyalty Day.
- Roman Empire - fourth and last day of the Floralia in honour of Flora.
- Roman Empire - all-female festival in honour of Bona Dea.
- Saint Joseph the Worker (also known as Saint Joseph's Day).
- Maharashtra Divas (Maharashtra Day) in the state of Maharastra, India. On May 1, 1960, Maharashtra came into existence when Bombay State was split into the new linguistic states of Maharashtra and Gujarat.
- Beltane, L� Bealtaine, the first day of Summer in modern Ireland was celebrated by the Celts, and is now also celebrated by Neopagans and Wiccans.
- May crowning - Unofficial ritual ceremony usually happening in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Lei Day - Hawaiian holiday for the Lei.
- Saint Jeremiah.
- May Day, Labour Day, Workers' Day, Day of the International Solidarity of Workers.
- Italy - national holiday (Giorno dei Lavoratori).
- Winthrop Rockefeller: US Governor (Arkansas), dies at age 60.
- Anna Pollak: mezzo-soprano.
- Felipe Padilla: de Leon composer.
- Otto Kretschmer: German U-boat commander (Born 1912).
- Beverly Hills Hotel opens.
- Amsterdam-North soccer team DWV forms.
- 'Abdu'l-Baha lays the cornerstone for the Baha'i House of Worship in Wilmette, Illinois
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1912 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Come to the Ball - Henry Burr
- I'm Going Back to Dixie - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Red Pepper - A Spicy Rag - Fred Van Eps