Friday 3 May 1912
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include May Sarton and Virgil Fox.
Only a Woman, directed by Theo Frenkel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
while The Harvester by Gene Stratton Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 3 May 1912 ?
- Saint Apostle James the Lesser
- Black Madonna of Cz?stochowa Queen and Protector of Poland (since April 1, 1656)
- Antonia and Alexander (martyrs of 313)
- Saint Emily Bicchiere (1238 - 1314
- Saints Eventius and Alexander, Saint Theodulus (martyrs of 119)
- Saint Ansfrid (c. 1008)
- Saint Alexander I
- Saint Apostle Philip
- Feast of the Finding of the Holy Cross, aka the Invention of the True Cross.
- Discoflux (Discordianism).
- Constitution Day in Poland and Japan.
- World Press Freedom Day.
- Saint Juvenalis (d. 376)
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1912 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I Love Love (I Love You, Dear) - Henry Burr
- It's a Long Lane That Has No Turning - Peerless Quartet (Columbia Male Quartet)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?