Sunday 5 May 1912
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 5, 1912). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include W Fenton and Alice Faye [Ann Jeanne Leppert] New York City.
The Cry of the Children, directed by George Nichols, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 May 1912
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 5 May 1912 ?
- Martyrs Neophytos, Gaius and Gaianus
- Euthymios the Wonderworker
- Barlaam of Serpukhov
- Martin and Heraclius of Illyria
- Eulogios the Confessor
- New Martyr Ephraim of Nea Makri
- Albania: Martyrs' Day.
- Great Martyr Irene
- Roly Poly of Georgia.
- Saint Aventinus (d. 1189)
- Ethiopia: Liberation Day (1941).
- International Midwives Day.
- Adrian of Monzensk
- South Korea: Children's Day.
- Guyana: Indian Immigration Day (1838).
- Council of Europe: Europe Day.
- International No Pants Day.
- Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea and Taiwan (2006): Buddha's Birthday.
- Japan: Tango no Sekku (Boy's Day) or Kodomo no hi (Children's Day).
- Mexico and (informally) the United States: Cinco de Mayo (1862).
- W Fenton: Morley preacher.
- Alice Faye [Ann Jeanne Leppert] New York City: New York, actress (Barricade, State Fair).
- Alice Faye: American actress and singer, a film queen of the '30s and '40s who was called America's Singing Sweetheart.
- Henry Hecaen: Brest physician.
- 5th Olympic games open at Stockholm, Sweden
- Soviet Communist Party newspaper Pravda begins publishing (4 / 22 OS)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1912 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Henry Burr - Come to the Ball
- I'm Going Back to Dixie - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Red Pepper - A Spicy Rag - Fred Van Eps