Sunday 5 May 1912
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include W Fenton and Alice Faye [Ann Jeanne Leppert] New York City.
The Cry of the Children, directed by George Nichols, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 May 1912
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 5 May 1912 ?
- Martyrs Neophytos, Gaius and Gaianus
- Euthymios the Wonderworker
- Barlaam of Serpukhov
- Martin and Heraclius of Illyria
- Eulogios the Confessor
- New Martyr Ephraim of Nea Makri
- Albania: Martyrs' Day.
- Great Martyr Irene
- Roly Poly of Georgia.
- Saint Aventinus (d. 1189)
- Ethiopia: Liberation Day (1941).
- International Midwives Day.
- Adrian of Monzensk
- South Korea: Children's Day.
- Guyana: Indian Immigration Day (1838).
- Council of Europe: Europe Day.
- International No Pants Day.
- Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea and Taiwan (2006): Buddha's Birthday.
- Japan: Tango no Sekku (Boy's Day) or Kodomo no hi (Children's Day).
- Mexico and (informally) the United States: Cinco de Mayo (1862).
- W Fenton: Morley preacher.
- Alice Faye [Ann Jeanne Leppert] New York City: New York, actress (Barricade, State Fair).
- Alice Faye: American actress and singer, a film queen of the '30s and '40s who was called America's Singing Sweetheart.
- Henry Hecaen: Brest physician.
- 5th Olympic games open at Stockholm, Sweden
- Soviet Communist Party newspaper Pravda begins publishing (4 / 22 OS)
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1912 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Henry Burr - Come to the Ball
- I'm Going Back to Dixie - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Red Pepper - A Spicy Rag - Fred Van Eps