Saturday 11 May 1912
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Foster Brooks and Joseph Monnier.
Only a Woman, directed by Theo Frenkel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
while The Melting of Molly by Maria Thompson Davies was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 May 1912!
Which were the important events of 11 May 1912 ?
- Saint Francis of Girolamo
- Saint Estella
- Holiday of the City of Miskolc (since 1992).
- Saint Odilo of Cluny
- Saint Majolus of Cluny
- Saint James Walworth
- Blessed John Rochester
- Saint Bertilla
- Saint Gengou Gangulphus
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Mamertus, first of the Ice Saints
- Roman Empire - Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Saint Gauthier of Esterp
- Foster Brooks: Louisville, Kentucky -- Comedian / actor (Miles-Mork & Mindy).
- Joseph Monnier: Tours EXecutives.
- Saadat Manto: Indian-Pakistani author and screenwriter (d. 1955).
- 38th Kentucky Derby: Carol H Shilling aboard Worth wins in 2:09.4.
- Alaska is organized as a US territory.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1912 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- When I was Twenty-one and You Were Sweet Sixteen - Harry Macdonough & American Quartet
- When I Was Twenty-One and You Were Sweet Sixteen - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- Ragtime Mocking Bird - Dolly Connolly
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?