Thursday 9 May 1912
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pedro Armendariz and Geza Ottlik.
Only a Woman, directed by Theo Frenkel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
while A Hoosier Chronicle by Meredith Nicholson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 9 May 1912 ?
- Russia and some other parts of the former Soviet Union ? Victory Day as the end of the "Great Patriotic War".
- Our Lady of Flanders
- Saint Tudi
- Saint Pachomius (died 346)
- Saint Gerontius (died 501)
- Roman Empire ? Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Jersey, Guernsey ? Liberation Day (commemorating the end of the German Occupation of the Channel Islands during World War II).
- Saint Carolina
- European Union ? Europe day, commemorating the "Schuman declaration".
- Pedro Armendariz: Mexico -- Actor (From Russia With Love).
- Geza Ottlik: Hungarian writer (d. 1990).
- Jacques Falcou: Neuilly sur Seine Painters.
- Jean-Emile Rigaud: Colmars physician.
- Pedro Armendáriz: Mexican-American actor (d. 1963).
- Per Imerslund: Norwegian-German soldier and author (d. 1943)
- Géza Ottlik: Hungarian mathematician and theorist (d. 1990)
- American Numismatic Association receives federal charter.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1912 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Come to the Ball - Henry Burr
- Red Pepper - A Spicy Rag - Fred Van Eps
- I'm Going Back to Dixie - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?