Thursday 9 May 1912
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 9, 1912). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pedro Armendariz and Jacques Falcou.
The Cry of the Children, directed by George Nichols, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 May 1912
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 9 May 1912 ?
- Russia and some other parts of the former Soviet Union ? Victory Day as the end of the "Great Patriotic War".
- Our Lady of Flanders
- Saint Tudi
- Saint Pachomius (died 346)
- Saint Gerontius (died 501)
- Roman Empire ? Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Jersey, Guernsey ? Liberation Day (commemorating the end of the German Occupation of the Channel Islands during World War II).
- Saint Carolina
- European Union ? Europe day, commemorating the "Schuman declaration".
- Pedro Armendariz: Mexico -- Actor (From Russia With Love).
- Jacques Falcou: Neuilly sur Seine Painters.
- Pedro Armendáriz: Mexican-American actor (d. 1963).
- Geza Ottlik: Hungarian writer (d. 1990).
- Géza Ottlik: Hungarian mathematician and theorist (d. 1990).
- American Numismatic Association receives federal charter.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1912 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- When I Was Twenty-One and You Were Sweet Sixteen - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- When I was Twenty-one and You Were Sweet Sixteen - Harry Macdonough & American Quartet
- Ragtime Mocking Bird - Dolly Connolly