Thursday 1 May 1930US date format: 5/1/1930, UK date format: 1/5/1930
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 1, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ollie Matson NFL halfback (Arizona Cardinals and Little Walter.
Sunny Skies, directed by Norman Taurog, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 May 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 1 May 1930 ?
- Saint James the Less.
- Saint Sigismund of Burgundy.
- Saint Florine
- Saint Augustin Schoeffer
- Saint Theodulf.
- Saint Andeol.
- Czech Republic - "National Love Day" ? couples tend to flock to the memorial of the poet Karel Hynek M�cha in Prague and kiss.
- Festival of Matsu in Taiwan and various locales along the southern coast of China (2005).
- Malta - L-Ewwel ta Mejju, Malta, Jum il-haddiem (Worker's Day).
- United States - Law Day, U.S.A., Loyalty Day.
- Roman Empire - fourth and last day of the Floralia in honour of Flora.
- Roman Empire - all-female festival in honour of Bona Dea.
- Saint Joseph the Worker (also known as Saint Joseph's Day).
- Maharashtra Divas (Maharashtra Day) in the state of Maharastra, India. On May 1, 1960, Maharashtra came into existence when Bombay State was split into the new linguistic states of Maharashtra and Gujarat.
- Beltane, L� Bealtaine, the first day of Summer in modern Ireland was celebrated by the Celts, and is now also celebrated by Neopagans and Wiccans.
- May crowning - Unofficial ritual ceremony usually happening in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Lei Day - Hawaiian holiday for the Lei.
- Saint Jeremiah.
- May Day, Labour Day, Workers' Day, Day of the International Solidarity of Workers.
- Italy - national holiday (Giorno dei Lavoratori).
- Little Walter: American blues singer (d. 1968).
- Ollie Matson NFL halfback (Arizona Cardinals: Los Angeles Rams, Detroit Lions, Philadelphia Eagles).
- Ollie Matson: American pro football player, Olympic medal holder for track and field events and a fraternal twin.
- Oliver Matson: Trinity sports Champions.
- Richard Riordan: American lieutenant and politician 39th Mayor of Los Angeles.
- Bradman scores 236 Aust vs. Worcs, his 1st f-class innings in Eng
- The dwarf planet Pluto is officially named.