Friday 1 November 1907
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rio Gebhardt and Terence Tenison Cuneo.
Robbery Under Arms, directed by Charles MacMahon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
while Satan Sanderson by Hallie Erminie Rives was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1907!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1907 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- Rio Gebhardt: Composer.
- Terence Tenison Cuneo: Artist.
- Edmond Delfour: France sport Champion.
- Mario Villa: Italy Scientist.
- Maxie Rosenbloom: American boxer and actor (d. 1976).
- Alfred Jarry: French writer, a dramatist noted for his manner style and infantile taste for scatology and anti-religious bias.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1907 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Dreaming - Albert Campbell
- Dreaming - Harry Macdonough
- Rigoletto - E Il Sol Dell Prima (Love is the Sun) - Alice Nielsen & Florencio Constantino
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?