Thursday 1 October 1914
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Daniel Joseph Boorstin and Michael Goodliffe.
Anna Karenina, directed by Vladimir Gardin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
while T. Tembarom by Frances Hodgson Burnett was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 October 1914!
Which were the important events of 1 October 1914 ?
- Singapore - Children's Day
- Also see October 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- World Vegetarian Day
- French Republican Calendar - Cuve (Barrel) Day, tenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Tuvalu - Independence Day (from Gilbert Islands (Kiribati), 1975)
- San Marino - two Captains Regent, elected by parliament, take office for six months.
- Nigeria - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- People's Republic of China - National Day (1949)
- RC Church - Feast days of Saint ThTrFse de Lisieux; formerly of Saint Bavo and Saint Remigius
- Republic of Cyprus - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- Daniel Joseph Boorstin: Author (Empire of Czar, 1974 Pulitzer Prize).
- Michael Goodliffe: Cheshire, England -- Actor (5th Day of Peace).
- Charles Dubost: St-Gaultier physician.
- Daniel Boorstin: American historian lawyer and author 12th Librarian of Congress (d. 2004).
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- By the Beautiful Sea - Prince's Orchestra
- Eagle Rock - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?