Tuesday 2 December 1947
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 2, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Patrice Martin-Lalande and Leonard Lightfoot.
High Wall, directed by Curtis Bernhardt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Americana.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 December 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 December 1947!
Which were the important events of 2 December 1947 ?
- Laos - National Day
- United Arab Emirates - National Day (independence from Britain, 1971)
- R.C. Saints - St Bibiana
- Patrice Martin-Lalande
- Leonard Lightfoot: American actor, portraying the role of the lawyer in the TV sitcom "Silver Spoons.
- Ivan Atanassov Petrov: Bulgarian neurologist.
- Anne Buyl: Belgian dancer.
- Rudolf Scharping: German politician, Social Democrats SPD.
- Patrick Segal: French sportsman, writer, moviemaker and politician.
- Mian Muhammad Mansha: Businessman.
- Isaac Bitton: Moroccan-French drummer and songwriter (Les Variations).
- Tommy Jenkins: English footballer and manager.
- Ivan Petrov: Bulgarian neurologist and author.
- Reggie Wells: American make-up artist who became known for his long-time (since 1989) association with Oprah Winfrey as her make-up expert.
- Michael Green: English TV / video producer.
- 13th Heisman Trophy Award: Johnny Lujack, Notre Dame (quarterback).
- Jerusalem Riots of 1947: Riots break out in Jerusalem in response to the approval of the 1947 UN Partition Plan.