Tuesday 2 December 1947
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Green and Ivan Atanassov Petrov.
The Bishop's Wife, directed by Henry Koster, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Americana.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 December 1947!
Which were the important events of 2 December 1947 ?
- Laos - National Day
- United Arab Emirates - National Day (independence from Britain, 1971)
- R.C. Saints - St Bibiana
- Michael Green: English TV / video producer.
- Ivan Atanassov Petrov: Bulgarian neurologist.
- Anne Buyl: Belgian dancer.
- Leonard Lightfoot: American actor, portraying the role of the lawyer in the TV sitcom "Silver Spoons.
- Rudolf Scharping: German politician, Social Democrats SPD.
- Patrick Segal: French sportsman, writer, moviemaker and politician. As a young man, Segal was highly active in athletics; including ski, rugby, and the martial arts (he earned a black belt in karate). That all changed at the age of 24 when a shotgun accident left him paralyzed from the waist down. Despite the life-changing mishap, Segal's spirit remained unbroken. From 1974 to 1976, he traveled the world in his wheelchair, recounting the adventure in his book,L’homme qui marchait dans sa tête (the man who walk
- Reggie Wells: American make-up artist who became known for his long-time (since 1989) association with Oprah Winfrey as her make-up expert. He has been the artistic genius behind many of the covers of "O," Oprah's magazine which normally features a photograph of her on its cover. The former teacher won an Emmy for his cosmetics styling. His 1998 book "Face Painting" and his TV shows aimed at teaching women how to enhance their beauty have added to his fame.
- Isaac Bitton: Moroccan-French drummer and songwriter (Les Variations)
- Tommy Jenkins: English footballer and manager
- Ivan Petrov: Bulgarian neurologist and author
- 13th Heisman Trophy Award: Johnny Lujack, Notre Dame (quarterback).
- Jerusalem Riots of 1947: Riots break out in Jerusalem in response to the approval of the 1947 UN Partition Plan.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 December 1947
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?