Monday 8 December 1947
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 8, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Francis Huster and Gregg Allman.
The Lady from Shanghai, directed by Orson Welles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching The Howdy Doody Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 December 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 December 1947!
Which were the important events of 8 December 1947 ?
- Malta - Public Holiday.
- Panama - Mother's Day
- Romania - Constitution Day
- Bulgaria - Day of the Student (studentski praznik)
- R.C. Saints - The solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary: a Holy Day of Obligation
- Italy - In Milan, the opera season starts.
- Buddhism - The Enlightenment of Gautama Buddha
- Afflux (50 Aftermath) (Discordianism)
- Francis Huster: French film actor and director, comedian, scriptwriter, his father Charles was commercial director of Lancia and his mother was of Jewish Polish descent.
- Gregg Allman: American musician who formed the "Allman Brothers Band.
- Gérard Blanc: French singer, leader of the group Martin Circus.
- Gregg Allman in Nashville: Tennessee, USA; guitarist/vocalist (Allman Brothers Band).
- Frans Leijnse: Dutch politician (PvdA second Chamber).
- Gerard Blanc: French singer.
- Chava Alberstein: Israeli singer, lyricist, composer, and musical arranger.
- Johnny Bench: Athlete.
- Kati-Claudia Fofonoff: Finnish author and poet.
- Margaret Geller: American astrophysicist astronomer and academic.
- Bruce Kimmel: American actor director and producer.
- Thomas Cech: American chemist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- Belinda Balaski in Inglewood: California, USA; actor (Cannonball, Proud Men, Howling).
- Geoff Daking: Rocker.
- Caribbean Carnival opens at International Theater NYC for 11 performances
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1947 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Johnny Mercer - A Gal in Calico
- (I Love You) For Sentimental Reasons - Charlie Spivak & His Orchestra