Tuesday 9 December 1947
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 9, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tom Daschle and Jimmy Lai.
The Lady from Shanghai, directed by Orson Welles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching The Howdy Doody Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 December 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 December 1947!
Which were the important events of 9 December 1947 ?
- Anti-Corruption Day 
- Calendar of saints: Saint Juan Diego Cuauhtlatoatzin : optional memorial
- Peter Fourier, founder of the Congregation of Notre Dame
- Also see December 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics); specifically the conception of Saint Anne
- Scandinavia (specifically Sweden): Anna's Day. Recognizes everyone named Anna, and marks the day to start the preparation process of the lutefisk to be consumed on Christmas Eve.
- Tanzania - Independence Day (of Tanganyika from Britain, 1961)
- Tom Daschle: American politician, a Democrat whose position changed with the resignation of Jim Jeffords to that of the second most powerful man in Washington, DC.
- Jimmy Lai: Businessman.
- Gregg Allman: Musician.
- Drew Busby: Athlete.
- Thomas R. Cech: Scientist.
- Sarah Smith: Novelist.
- Jaak Jõerüüt: Estonian politician 24th Estonian Minister of Defense.
- Allan Jones: English cricketer and umpire.
- Jaak Joeruut: Soviet-born Estonian politician.
- French labor unions call off the general strike and re-commence negotiations with the French government.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1947 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Johnny Mercer - A Gal in Calico
- (I Love You) For Sentimental Reasons - Charlie Spivak & His Orchestra