Saturday 27 December 1947
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 27, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Peter Criss and Carlton Fisk.
Brighton Rock, directed by John Boulting, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Playroom.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 December 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 1947!
Which were the important events of 27 December 1947 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
- Carlton Fisk: Athlete.
- Peter Criss: Rocker (Kiss-Beth).
- Tracy Nelson: American blues singer.
- Ken Irving: American writer, researcher and editor.
- Bill Eadie: professional wrestler known as ''Ax'' of Demolition.
- Doug Livermore: English footballer and manager.
- Osman Pamukoğlu: Turkish general and politician.
- Janet Perry: American soprano and actress.
- Willy Polleunis: Belgian athlete.
- Mickey Redmond: Canadian ice hockey player and sportscaster.
- 1st Howdy Doody Show, (Puppet Playhouse), telecast on NBC