Saturday 13 December 1947US date format: 12/13/1947, UK date format: 13/12/1947
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see birth chart on December 13, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Minouche Barelli and Candice Shoaf.
The Lady from Shanghai, directed by Orson Welles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Little Audrey.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 December 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1947!
Which were the important events of 13 December 1947 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- Minouche Barelli: French singer, best-known...
- Candice Shoaf: American deep sea diver and law...
- Darlene Cates: American actress.
- Dave Hamilton: American baseball player.
- Rex Hagon: Canadian actor and host.
- Nicholas Roerich: Russian aristocrat, an artist,...
- Caribbean Carnival closes at International NYC after 11 performances
- Maine Turnpike opens to traffic
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1947 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Johnny Mercer - A Gal in Calico
- (I Love You) For Sentimental Reasons - Charlie Spivak & His Orchestra