Friday 5 December 1947
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 5, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jim Plunkett and Rebecca Wright.
High Wall, directed by Curtis Bernhardt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Americana.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 December 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 December 1947!
Which were the important events of 5 December 1947 ?
- Thailand - The King's Birthday, National Day, Father's Day
- Day of the Ninja
- Austria - Krampus
- Also see December 5 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - formerly: Saint Sabas
- Roman festivals - Faunalia celebrated in honor of Faunus (according to Horace, Odes 3.18)
- Belgium, the Netherlands and the UK - Saint Nicholas Eve (whom Dutch speakers call Sinterklaas, which became in other languages Santa Claus)
- Jim Plunkett: San Jose sports Champions.
- Rebecca Wright: American dancer, one of the principal dancer with the Joffrey City Center Ballet since joining in 1966.
- Jim Messina (musician)
- Rudy Fernandez: Filipino triathlete.
- Bruce Golding: Jamaican lawyer and politician 8th Prime Minister of Jamaica.
- Tony Gregory: Irish educator and politician (d. 2009).
- Jugderdemidiin Gurragcha: first Mongolian space traveler (Soyuz 39).
- Don Touhig: Welsh journalist and politician.
- Rick Wills: English bass player (Foreigner Small Faces Bad Company Jokers Wild and The Jones Gang).
- Jim Messina: American singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (Buffalo Springfield Loggins and Messina and Poco).
- Jim Plunkett in San Jose: California, USA; NFL quarterback (New England Patriots, Oakland Raiders).
- James Plunkett: American football player, a quarterback and Heisman Trophy winner on 11/24/1971.
- Joe Louis beats Jersey Joe Walcott in 15 rounds for heavyweight boxing title.