Thursday 4 December 1947
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 4, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mark Frechette and Ursula Krechel.
High Wall, directed by Curtis Bernhardt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Americana.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 December 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 December 1947!
Which were the important events of 4 December 1947 ?
- Roman festivals - secret ceremonies in honor of Bona Dea
- R.C. Saints - Saint John of Damascus: optional memorial; also Saint Barbara
- Santerfa, Lukumf - Day of Shango
- International Hug Day. See Also: January 21st, National Hugging Day
- Navy Day in India
- Mark Frechette: Actor (Zabriskie Point, Uomini Contro), dies at 27.
- Ursula Krechel: writer.
- Jane Lubchenco: American ecologist academic and diplomat.
- Terry Woods: Irish guitarist (The Pogues Steeleye Span Sweeney's Men The Bucks and Dr. Strangely Strange).
- USSR joins International Amateur Athletic Union.
- The French Interior Minister, Jules S. Moch, takes emergency measures against his country's rioters after six days of violent arguments in the National Assembly.