Monday 29 December 1947
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 29, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ted Danson and Vincent Winter.
The Treasure of the Sierra Madre, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Playroom.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 December 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 December 1947!
Which were the important events of 29 December 1947 ?
- The fourth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Thomas Becket (optional memorial)
- Ted Danson: American actor, a top favorite as the libidinous bartender Sam Malone in the award-winning TV series "Cheers," a role he played with wit, male chauvinism and pathos.
- Vincent Winter: Scottish actor director and production manager (d. 1998).
- Cozy Powell: English drummer songwriter and producer (Emerson Lake & Powell The Jeff Beck Group Rainbow Whitesnake and Black Sabbath) (d. 1998).
- Richard Crandall: American physicist and computer scientist (d. 2012).
- Spencer Bachus: Politician.
- David Tanner: English rower and coach.
- Leonhard Lapin: Estonian architect and poet.
- Ted Danson in San Diego: California, USA; actor (Sam Malone - Cheers, Three Men and a Baby).
- Cozy Powell in England rock drummer (Jeff Beck Group: Whitesnake, Emerson Lake and Palmer).
- Joseph Cuvelier: Belgian historian/general, dies at age 78.
- Ship carrying Jewish immigrants driven away from Palestine.