Friday 19 December 1947
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 19, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include ADG (Alain Fournier) and Sylviane Ainardi.
I Walk Alone, directed by Byron Haskin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching The Newscenter.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 December 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 December 1947!
Which were the important events of 19 December 1947 ?
- 2003 - the events of the fictional docu-drama The Day Britain Stopped take place.
- Roman festivals - Opalia
- Also see December 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- ADG (Alain Fournier)
- Sylviane Ainardi
- Jean-Louis Florentz
- Jimmy Bain (bassist)
- Jimmy Bain: Scottish bass player and songwriter (Rainbow Wild Horses and Dio) (d. 2016).
- Steven Spielberg: Director.
- Charlie Van Dyke: American actor and radio disc jockey.
- Janie Fricke in South Whitley: Indiana, USA; country singer ("It Ain't Easy Bein' Easy").
- Alain Fournier: French novelist and journalist, who wrote under the pseudonym, A. D. G. (Alain Dreux Gallou).
- Janie Fricke: Country Singer.