Thursday 2 June 1921
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alexander Salkind and Raymond Renault.
Carmen, directed by Ernst Lubitsch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
while The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 2 June 1921 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- Alexander Salkind: Producer (Superman), dies at 75.
- Raymond Renault: Aubervilliers physician.
- Betty Freeman: American philanthropist and photographer (Born 1921).
- Serge Choumoff: French engineer.
- Sigmund Sternberg: Hungarian-English businessman and philanthropist.
- András Szennay: Hungarian priest (d. 2012).
- Ernie Royal: American trumpet player (The Tonight Show Band) (d. 1983).
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1921 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Just Snap Your Fingers at Care - Nora Bayes
- Home Again Blues - Frank Crumit
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?