Sunday 2 June 1940
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Horace Clarke and Jim Maloney.
The Ghost Breakers, directed by George Marshall, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1940!
Which were the important events of 2 June 1940 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- Horace Clarke: Baseball 2nd baseman (New York Yankees).
- Jim Maloney: Baseball pitcher.
- King Constantine: II of Greece.
- Christopher Bernau: American actor, most visible in the TV soaps "Dark Shadows" and "Guiding Light.
- Constantine II of Greece: King of Greece from 1964 until the abolition of the monarchy in 1973.
- Constantine II: Deposed King of Greece (1964-73)
- Willem E Roelofs: Painter / cartoonist.
- Heavy German bombing on Dunkirk beach
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 June 1940
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?