Sunday 2 June 1946US date format: 6/2/1946, UK date format: 2/6/1946
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini (see birth chart on June 2, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Peter Sutcliffe and Lasse Hällström.
The Strange Love of Martha Ivers, directed by Lewis Milestone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Geographically Speaking.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 June 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1946!
Which were the important events of 2 June 1946 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- Peter Sutcliffe: British homicide; known as the Yorkshire...
- Lasse Hällström
- Lasse Hallstrom: Swedish film director.
- Song Dae Kwan: Korean singer.
- Eliot Tatelman: American businessman, with his brother...
- Brian Cox: Actor.
- Song Dae-kwan: South Korean singer.
- Lasse Hallström: Swedish director producer and...
- Tomomichi Nishimura: Japanese voice actor.
- David Arculus: English businessman.
- Roger Freed: Baseball player.
- Italian plebiscite chooses Republic over monarchy (National Day)
- Birth of the Italian Republic: In a referendum, Italians vote to turn Italy from a monarchy into a Republic. After the referendum the king of Italy Umberto II di Savoia is exiled.