Saturday 15 June 1946
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Demis Roussos and Pinacothèque de Paris.
Anna and the King of Siam, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
while This Side of Innocence by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Cash and Carry.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 1946!
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the important events of 15 June 1946 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Demis Roussos: Greek singer and performer who had a string of international hit records as a solo performer in the 1970s after having been a member of Aphrodite's Child, a progressive rock group that also included the well renowned Vangelis.
- Pinacothèque de Paris
- Brigitte Fossey: Tourcoing Actor.
- Noddy Holder: English singer-songwriter guitarist and actor (Slade).
- Judy Pace in Los Angeles: California, USA; actress (Young Lawyers).
- Jack Horner: American paleontologist.
- Michel Bellion: French painter, paints harbour and dock scenes since his childhood, studied at Ecole Nationale Supérieur d'Arts in Paris from 1968 to 1970, travels on shipd of the French Marine around the world between 1993 and 2002.
- Janet Lennon: American noted family, a writer and member of the four singing Lennon Sisters.
- Michael Lynch: Michael Lynch is a Scottish historian and a leading expert in the history of the Scottish Reformation and pre-modern urbanisation in the Scottish kingdom.
- John Horner: American paleontologist and academic.
- Judy Pace: Los Angeles, California -- Actress (Young Lawyers).
- Ken Henderson: Baseball player.
- Jim Varney in Lexington: Kentucky, USA; actor (Ernest Goes to Jail).
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1946 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Doin' What Comes Natur'lly - Jimmy Dorsey & His Orchestra
- I Got The Sun In The Morning - Les Brown & His Orchestra (Vocal Doris Day)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?