Saturday 15 June 1946
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Judy Pace and Ken Henderson.
Anna and the King of Siam, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Cash and Carry.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 1946!
Which were the important events of 15 June 1946 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Judy Pace: Los Angeles, California -- Actress (Young Lawyers).
- Ken Henderson: Baseball player.
- Jim Varney in Lexington: Kentucky, USA; actor (Ernest Goes to Jail).
- Judy Pace in Los Angeles: California, USA; actress (Young Lawyers).
- Jack Horner: American paleontologist.
- Michel Bellion: French painter, paints harbour and dock scenes since his childhood, studied at Ecole Nationale Supérieur d'Arts in Paris from 1968 to 1970, travels on shipd of the French Marine around the world between 1993 and 2002. In 2003, he received the title 'Peintre de la marine'.
- Janet Lennon: American noted family, a writer and member of the four singing Lennon Sisters. They made their debut on the "Lawrence Welk Show" in December 1955 and starred there for 12 years. Lennon writes commercials for TV and radio.
- Michael Lynch: Michael Lynch is a Scottish historian and a leading expert in the history of the Scottish Reformation and pre-modern urbanisation in the Scottish kingdom. In 2010, five years after his retirement, he was described by one reviewer as 'one of the most influential historians in Scotland of the last thirty years', whose work has been characterised by an 'ability to bring ecclesiastical, cultural and urban perspectives to traditional Scottish political and governmental histories', as well as the abil
- Demis Roussos: Greek singer and performer who had a string of international hit records as a solo performer in the 1970s after having been a member of Aphrodite's Child, a progressive rock group that also included the well renowned Vangelis. He has sold over 60 million albums worldwide.
- Brigitte Fossey: Tourcoing Actor
- Noddy Holder: English singer-songwriter guitarist and actor (Slade)
- John Horner: American paleontologist and academic
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 15 June 1946
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1946 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Doin' What Comes Natur'lly - Jimmy Dorsey & His Orchestra
- I Got The Sun In The Morning - Les Brown & His Orchestra (Vocal Doris Day)
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?