Saturday 29 June 1946
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on June 29, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Howard Barker and Robert Asprin.
Sunset Pass, directed by William Berke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching King's Party Line.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 June 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 June 1946!
Which were the important events of 29 June 1946 ?
- The Netherlands - Veterans Day.
- Feast of Saints Peter and Paul (also a local holiday in Rome, of which they are patron saints)
- Seychelles - Independence Day.
- Robert Asprin: Author.
- Howard Barker: Playwright.
- Gilda Radner: Comedian.
- Bruce Davison: Actor.
- Egon von Furstenberg: Swiss fashion designer (d. 2004).
- Ernesto Perez Balladares: Panamanian politician.
- Ernesto Balladares: Panamanian politician 33rd President of Panama.
- Egon von Fürstenberg: Swiss fashion designer (d. 2004).
- Are You with It? closes at Century Theater NYC after 264 performances
- Billion Dollar Baby closes at Alvin Theater NYC after 219 performances
- Black Sabbath-Brits arrest 2700 Jews in Palestine as alleged terrorist
- British mandatory government of Palestine arrests 100 leaders of Yishnuv