Monday 17 June 1946
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 17, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gérard Grisey and Gérard Miquel.
The Stranger, directed by Orson Welles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Lights Out.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 June 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1946!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1946 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Gérard Grisey
- Gérard Miquel
- Ernie Eves
- Neil MacGregor: Historian.
- Peter Rosei: Austrian author poet and playwright.
- Marcy Kaptur: (Rep-D-Ohio, 1983- ).
- Alain Sarteur: French athlete who competed in the Men's 100 metres in the 1972 Summer Olympics.
- SW Bell inaugurates mobile telephone commercial service, St. Louis
- SouthWest Bell innaugurates mobile telephone commercial service, Saint Louis, Missouri. USA.