Tuesday 2 July 1946
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 2, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ron Silver and Richard Axel.
Canyon Passage, directed by Jacques Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching King's Party Line.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 July 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1946!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1946 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Ron Silver: American actor director and producer (d. 2009).
- Richard Axel: American neuroscientist and biologist Nobel Prize laureate.
- Nicolas Pesques
- Ron Silver in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Gary - Rhoda, Dear Detective, Baker's Dozen, Entity, Silkwood, Best Friends).
- Ricky Bruch: Swedish discus thrower and actor (d. 2011).
- Anthony Overton: publisher/cosmetics manufacturer/banker, dies at age 81.
- Dutch Beel government forms
- Harbor workers end strike at Rotterdam and Amsterdam
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1946 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Gene Krupa & His Orchestra - Boogie Blues
- Stone Cold Dead in the Market (He Had It Coming) - Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Jordan