Thursday 20 June 1946
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 20, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Xanana Gusmão and Jacques Demarcq.
The Stranger, directed by Orson Welles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Lights Out.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 June 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 June 1946!
Which were the important events of 20 June 1946 ?
- American Radio Relay League ? Bring your Handy-Talky to Work Day
- West Virginia ? West Virginia Day.
- Flag Day in Argentina (1938).
- UNHCR - World Refugee Day.
- Ancient Latvia ? Zalu Diena.
- Roman Empire ? Festival in honor of Summanus.
- Day of The Royal Victorian Order.
- Xanana Gusmão: Timorese soldier and politician 1st President of East Timor.
- Jacques Demarcq
- Xanana Gusmao: President of East Timor.
- Domenico Adinolfi: Italian athlete, a boxer.
- Tony Aitken: English actor.
- Nigel Kalton: English-American mathematician and academic (d. 2010).
- Duchess of: Gloucester.
- Bob Vila: American television host.
- Lars Vilks: Swedish sculptor and academic.
- Joseph Waeckerle: American physician and diplomat.
- André Watts: American pianist and educator.
- David Kazhdan: Russian-Israeli mathematician and academic.
- Andre Watts: American pianist.
- New York City transit begins using PA system - Car # 744 on 8th Ave IND line
- Bill Harrah opens Harrah's Club in Las Vegas.