Monday 24 June 1946
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ellison S Onizuka in Hawaii Major US Air Force/astronaut (STS 51C and Jacques Mahieux.
Dead of Night, directed by Cavalcanti, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Lights Out.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 June 1946!
Which were the important events of 24 June 1946 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John the Baptist, patron saint of QuTbec
- Discovery Day in Newfoundland and Labrador (celebrating the 1497 discovery by John Cabot)
- Bannockburn Day in Scotland (see 1314 above)
- Quarter days in England
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Rahmat (Mercy) - First day of the sixth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Battle of Carabobo Day in Venezuela (1821)
- FOte nationale du QuTbec, also called St-Jean-Baptiste Day
- Day of Indian in Peru
- Original Midsummer's Eve in Finland and Sweden, although the official holiday is now moved to the nearest Friday
- St. John's Day in Estonia and Sao Joao in Porto
- Festival of San Juan observed in Bolivia and Peru
- American Radio Relay League - Field Day 2006
- Ellison S Onizuka in Hawaii Major US Air Force/astronaut (STS 51C: 51L-Challenger disaster).
- Jacques Mahieux: French musician (singer, songwriter and instrumentalist), especially known for playing drums in several jazz groups.
- Ellison Onizuka: American astronaut aboard the Challenger which lifted off 1/28/86; 11:39 AM EST from Cape Kennedy, FL.
- David Collenette: Canadian civil servant and politician 32nd Canadian Minister of National Defence.
- Robert Reich: American economist and politician 22nd United States Secretary of Labor.
- Louise Whitfield Carnegie: American philanthropist (Born 1857).
- 11.72 (29.77 cm) of rainfall at Mellen Wisc (state 24-hr record)
- 29.77 cm (11.72 inches) of rainfall, Mellen, Wisconsin. (state 24-hour record)
- Georges Bidault becomes Prime Minister of France.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 24 June 1946
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1946 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Doin' What Comes Natur'lly - Freddy Martin & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?