Friday 21 June 1946
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on June 21, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Xavier Gélin and Kate Hoey.
The Stranger, directed by Orson Welles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Lights Out.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 June 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 June 1946!
Which were the important events of 21 June 1946 ?
- Xavier Gélin: French actor, producer, scenarist and director who died in Paris on 2 July 1999, aged 53, in Paris.
- Kate Hoey: Irish politician and senior lecturer at two colleges 1972-1985.
- Malcolm Leslie Rifkind
- Don Sidle
- Per Eklund: Swedish race car driver.
- Brenda Holloway: American singer and songwriter.
- Xanana Gusmao: Indonesian resistance leader, the charismatic East Timorese poet-revolutionary heading the Independence Movement of East Timor.
- Maurice Saatchi: Baron Saatchi Iraqi-English businessman founded M&C Saatchi and Saatchi & Saatchi.
- Trond Kirkvaag: Norwegian actor director and screenwriter (d. 2007).
- Malcolm Rifkind: Scottish politician, the Secretary of State for Scotland, 1990.
- Piotr Domaradzki: Polish-American historian and journalist (d. 2015).
- Rob Dyson: American race car driver.
- Heinrich Kaminski: Composer, dies at 59.
- 10 die in fire at Baker Hotel in Dallas, Texas
- Bill Veeck buys Indians for $2.2 million
- Ten die in fire at Baker Hotel, Dallas, Texas, USA.