Thursday 27 June 1946
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Daria Semegen and Janice Giteck.
Night and Day, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
while The King's General by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Lights Out.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 June 1946!
Which were the important events of 27 June 1946 ?
- National HIV Testing Day in United States
- National Veterans' Day in the United Kingdom 
- Stonewall Day (date of many gay pride celebrations, including those in New York City, San Francisco, Toronto, and Madrid)
- Feast of St Cyril of Alexandria
- Daria Semegen: Composer.
- Janice Giteck: Composer.
- Woody Paige: American sports columnist for The Denver Post, author, and a regular panelist on the ESPN sports-talk program Around the Horn.
- Sally Priesand: American ecclesiastic, the first female Rabbi in the U.S.
- Éric Vincent: French singer-songwriter who has sung in over 140 countries in prestigious venues such as the Manaus Opera House in Brazil and the Hanoi Opera House in Vietnam.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1946 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Doin' What Comes Natur'lly - Freddy Martin & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?