Saturday 1 June 1946US date format: 6/1/1946, UK date format: 1/6/1946
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 1, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Brian Cox (actor) and Gérard Megie.
The Strange Love of Martha Ivers, directed by Lewis Milestone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Geographically Speaking.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 June 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 1946!
Which were the important events of 1 June 1946 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
- Brian Cox (actor)
- Gérard Megie
- Paul-Henri Cugnenc
- Carol Neblett in Modesto: California, USA; soprano (New York City Opera).
- Jody Stecher: American singer.
- Brian Cox: Scottish actor, best known on stage and TV in the UK but also seen in a handful of films.
- Gérard Mégie: French researcher, specializing in atmospherics and climate, and Chairman of the Centre national de la recherche scientifique (CNRS) from 2000 to 2004.
- Ion Antonescu: Romanian field marshal and politician 43rd Prime Minister of Romania (d. 1946).
- 78th Belmont: Warren Mehrtens aboard Assault wins in 2:30.8
- Spijkenisse soccer team forms in Spijkenisse