Monday 2 May 1921
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Satyajit Ray and Roger Boussinot.
Carmen, directed by Ernst Lubitsch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
while The Valley of Silent Men by James Oliver Curwood was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 2 May 1921 ?
- Saint Zoe
- Saint Mafalda
- Saint Waldebert, Walbert or Gaubert
- Saint Germanus
- Saints Exuperius and Zoe
- Saint Boris
- Saint Athanasius
- Indonesia - Indonesia National Education Day
- Iran - Teacher's Day
- Slovenia - second day of Labour Day
- Madrid Region - Day of the Region.
- Bah�'f Faith: Last day of the Festival of Ridv�n
- Poland - Flag Day, an official holiday to honour the Flag of Poland
- saint tsar Boris
- Satyajit Ray: Indian filmmaker, regarded as one of the greatest auteurs of world cinema.
- Roger Boussinot: French writer, critic, film historian and director, also known as Emmanuel Le Lauraguais and Roger Mijema.
- Georges Gremillet: France sport Champion.
- Begin 3rd anti-German revolt in Upper-Silesia
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1921 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Why Worry? - Nora Bayes
- Happy Six - Do You Ever Think of Me?
- Serenade - Efrem Zimbalist
- My Mammy - Yerkes Jazarimba Orchestra
- Bright Eyes - Leo Reisman & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?