Saturday 7 May 1921
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gaston Rébuffat and Gale Robbins.
Carmen, directed by Ernst Lubitsch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
while The Valley of Silent Men by James Oliver Curwood was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 7 May 1921 ?
- USA - National Masturbation Day (Declared by Good_Vibrations_(sex_toy_business)) Now in its 11th year - 
- Blessed Gisela (died 1060)
- Saint Domitian of Huy, apostle of the Meuse valley
- Bulgaria - Radio and Television Day (see above)
- Russia - Radio Day (commemorating the work of Alexander Popov)
- Saint Flavia Domitilla
- Gaston Rébuffat: French alpinist and mountain guide.
- Gale Robbins: Chicago, Illinois -- Actress (Fuller Brush Girl, Mr Hex).
- Stellio Lorenzi: French screenwriter and director who died in Paris on 25 September 1990.
- Gaston Rebuffat
- Asa Briggs: Baron Briggs English historian and academic.
- 47th Kentucky Derby: Charles Thompson on Behave Yourself wins 2:04.2.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1921 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- My Mammy - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?