Sunday 2 May 1920
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Marie Auberson and Guinn Smith.
Snowbound, directed by Ruben Preuss, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 May 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 2 May 1920 ?
- Saint Zoe
- Saint Mafalda
- Saint Waldebert, Walbert or Gaubert
- Saint Germanus
- Saints Exuperius and Zoe
- Saint Boris
- Saint Athanasius
- Indonesia - Indonesia National Education Day
- Iran - Teacher's Day
- Slovenia - second day of Labour Day
- Madrid Region - Day of the Region.
- Bah�'f Faith: Last day of the Festival of Ridv�n
- Poland - Flag Day, an official holiday to honour the Flag of Poland
- saint tsar Boris
- Jean-Marie Auberson: Swiss violinist and conductor (d. 2004).
- Guinn Smith: American pole vaulter soldier and pilot (d. 2004).
- Jacob Gilboa: composer.
- Joseph Henderson: Scottish pianist and composer, he died May 4, 1980.
- Otto Buchsbaum: Austrian-born Brazilian writer and ecological activist (Born 1920).
- Vasantrao Deshpande: Indian singer and sitar player (d. 1983).
- 1st game of National Negro Baseball League played in Indianapolis
- The first game of the Negro National League baseball is played in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1920 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Oh How I Laugh When I Think That I Cried Over You - Nora Bayes
- Rose Room - Art Hickman & His Orchestra