Monday 9 May 1921US date format: 5/9/1921, UK date format: 9/5/1921
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 9, 1921). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sophie Scholl and Daniel Berrigan.
The Hypnotist, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 May 1921
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 9 May 1921 ?
- Russia and some other parts of the former Soviet Union ? Victory Day as the end of the "Great Patriotic War".
- Our Lady of Flanders
- Saint Tudi
- Saint Pachomius (died 346)
- Saint Gerontius (died 501)
- Roman Empire ? Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Jersey, Guernsey ? Liberation Day (commemorating the end of the German Occupation of the Channel Islands during World War II).
- Saint Carolina
- European Union ? Europe day, commemorating the "Schuman declaration".
- Sophie Scholl: German patriot, an active member of the Resistance Movement in "The White Rose" resistance cell, She and her brother Hans, who joined her in the resistance, were captured by the SS, and she was executed by beheading at the hands of the Gestapo on 2/22/1943, Munich, Germany.
- Daniel Berrigan: American Roman Catholic priest and antiwar activist.
- Mona Van Duyn: American poet and academic (d. 2004).
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1921 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Look for the Silver Lining - Charles Harrison & Edna Brown (Elsie Baker)
- Spread Yo' Stuff - Benny Krueger & His Orchestra
- Do You Ever Think of Me? - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Moonbeams - All-Star Trio