Monday 9 May 1921
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sophie Scholl and Daniel Berrigan.
Carmen, directed by Ernst Lubitsch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
while The Sheik by Edith M. Hull was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 9 May 1921 ?
- Russia and some other parts of the former Soviet Union ? Victory Day as the end of the "Great Patriotic War".
- Our Lady of Flanders
- Saint Tudi
- Saint Pachomius (died 346)
- Saint Gerontius (died 501)
- Roman Empire ? Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Jersey, Guernsey ? Liberation Day (commemorating the end of the German Occupation of the Channel Islands during World War II).
- Saint Carolina
- European Union ? Europe day, commemorating the "Schuman declaration".
- Sophie Scholl: German patriot, an active member of the Resistance Movement in "The White Rose" resistance cell, She and her brother Hans, who joined her in the resistance, were captured by the SS, and she was executed by beheading at the hands of the Gestapo on 2/22/1943, Munich, Germany.
- Daniel Berrigan: American Roman Catholic priest and antiwar activist.
- Mona Van Duyn: American poet and academic (d. 2004).
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1921 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- My Mammy - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?