Thursday 2 November 1939
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Serra and Enrico Albertosi.
The Flying Deuces, directed by A. Edward Sutherland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
while Wickford Point by John P. Marquand was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 November 1939!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 2 November 1939 ?
- Catholicism - All Souls Day (unless on a Sunday)
- Rastafari movement - The coronation of Haile Selassie (1930) celebrated
- USA - admission day (1889) of North Dakota and South Dakota as 39th and 40th states.
- Ancient Latvia - Dveselu Diena held
- Mexico and the United States - Day of the Dead (Spanish: El Dia de los Muertos), a Mexican and Mexican-American celebration of dead ancestors.
- Richard Serra: American sculptor and video artist.
- Enrico Albertosi: Italian athlete, pro soccer player.
- Howard Wolpe: (Rep-D-Michigan, 1979- ).
- Pauline Neville-Jones: Baroness Neville-Jones English broadcaster and politician Minister for Security.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?