Thursday 2 November 1939
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 2, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Serra and Enrico Albertosi.
Ninotchka, directed by Ernst Lubitsch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Come and Be Televised.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 November 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 November 1939!
Which were the important events of 2 November 1939 ?
- Catholicism - All Souls Day (unless on a Sunday)
- Rastafari movement - The coronation of Haile Selassie (1930) celebrated
- USA - admission day (1889) of North Dakota and South Dakota as 39th and 40th states.
- Ancient Latvia - Dveselu Diena held
- Mexico and the United States - Day of the Dead (Spanish: El Dia de los Muertos), a Mexican and Mexican-American celebration of dead ancestors.
- Richard Serra: American sculptor and video artist.
- Enrico Albertosi: Italian athlete, pro soccer player.
- Howard Wolpe: (Rep-D-Michigan, 1979- ).
- Pauline Neville-Jones: Baroness Neville-Jones English broadcaster and politician Minister for Security.