Monday 2 October 1939
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 2, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Norma Blum and Yuri Nikolayevich Glazkov.
Sabotage, directed by Harold Young, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Come and Be Televised.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 October 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 October 1939!
Which were the important events of 2 October 1939 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Memorial of Guardian Angels
- World Farm Animal Day
- Roman festivals - First day of the Ludi Augustales to celebrate the recovery by emperor August of Roman standards from the Parthians
- Also see October 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Guinea - Independence Day (from France, 1958)
- French Republican Calendar - Pomme de terre (Potato) Day, eleventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- India - Gandhi Jayanti (birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, 1869)
- Norma Blum
- Yuri Nikolayevich Glazkov: USSR -- Cosmonaut (Soyuz 24).
- Jean Vallée: Belgian singer and songwriter, he competed twice at the Eurovision song contest, finishing 8th in 1970 and second in 1978.
- Birdbaths installed in Union Square, San Francisco