Wednesday 2 October 1946
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 2, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Jacques Aillagon and Bruno Bich.
My Darling Clementine, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Play the Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 October 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 October 1946!
Which were the important events of 2 October 1946 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Memorial of Guardian Angels
- World Farm Animal Day
- Roman festivals - First day of the Ludi Augustales to celebrate the recovery by emperor August of Roman standards from the Parthians
- Also see October 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Guinea - Independence Day (from France, 1958)
- French Republican Calendar - Pomme de terre (Potato) Day, eleventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- India - Gandhi Jayanti (birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, 1869)
- Jean-Jacques Aillagon: French politician, a close confidant of Jacques Chirac and member of the Union for a Popular Movement (UMP) political party.
- Bruno Bich
- Marie-Georges Pascal: French actress (d. 1985).
- Roger Jett: Cumberland, Maryland -- Actor (Smithereens).
- GenSonthi Boonyaratglin: President of Council for National Security and Commander-in-Chief of Royal Thai Army.
- Jacques Baudou: French editor, literary critic, and essayist.
- Tim O'Brien: Author.
- Peter Kellner: English journalist and author.
- Eric Peterson: Canadian actor.
- Jo-El Sonnier: American singer-songwriter and accordion player.
- Sonthi Boonyaratglin: Thai general and politician.
- Dave Holland: Musician.
- Jo-el Sonnier: Rayne, Louisiana -- Country singer (Louisiana).
- 1st network soap opera-Faraway Hill-Dumont
- Communists take over in Bulgaria.