Thursday 10 October 1946
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 10, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Charles Dance and Chris Tarrant.
My Darling Clementine, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Play the Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 10 October 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 October 1946!
Which were the important events of 10 October 1946 ?
- Charles Dance: English actor director and screenwriter.
- Chris Tarrant: British entertainer, well known and a snappy dresser.
- Ben Vereen: American actor singer and dancer.
- Naoto Kan: Japanese lawyer and politician 61st Prime Minister of Japan.
- Franco Malerba: Italian astronaut, who became the first Italian citizen in space during the flight of STS-46 from 7/31/1992-8/07/1992.
- John Prine: Maywood, Illinois -- Country singer (Hello in There).
- Anne Mather: English author and screenwriter.
- Charles Dane: England, United Kingdom -- Actor (Plenty, Jewel in the Crown).
- Willard White: Jamaican-English actor and singer.
- Raymond Tallis: English physician philosopher author and academic.
- Ben Vereen in Miami: Florida, USA; actor/dancer (Pippin, Roots, Webster).
- Peter Mahvolich: NHL star (Montreal Canadiens).
- Mildred Grieveson (aka: Anne Mather, Caroline Fleming, Cardine Fleming), English writer.
- Giant Haystacks: English wrestler (d. 1998).
- Peter Mahovlich: Canadian ice hockey player and coach.
- Commencement of the Noakhali genocide of Hindus in Bengal at the hands of Muslim mobs.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1946 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Rumers are Flying - Tony Martin
- Hoagy Carmichael - Ole Buttermilk Sky
- Five Minutes More - Skitch Henderson & His Orchestra