Thursday 24 October 1946
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on October 24, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Bettis and Catherine Keyl.
Beauty and the Bandit, directed by William Nigh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Play the Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 October 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 October 1946!
Which were the important events of 24 October 1946 ?
- Also see October 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In The Fellowship of the Ring, by J.R.R. Tolkien, the date is mentioned to Frodo Baggins by Gandalf upon his waking in Rivendell.
- Discordianism - Maladay
- Zambia - Independence Day (1964)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Antonio Maria Claret
- United Nations Day (charter 1945)
- John Bettis: American songwriter who wrote primarily for "The Carpenters.
- Mel Martinez: Politician.
- Catherine Keyl: Catherine Keyl is a Dutch television presentor.
- Patrick Grandperret: French film director, screenwriter and producer.
- Keti Chomata: Greek singer and actor (d. 2010).
- Jerry Edmonton: Canadian drummer (Steppenwolf and The Sparrows) (d. 1993).
- Netherlands and Indonesia sign cease fire
- A camera on board the V-2 No. 13 rocket takes the first photograph of earth from outer space.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1946 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Frank Sinatra - The Things We Did Last Summer
- Rumors Are Flying - Billy Butterfield & His Orchestra (Vocal Pat O'Connor)