Thursday 24 October 1946
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Bettis and Catherine Keyl.
The Strange Woman, directed by Edgar Ulmer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
while The River Road by Frances Parkinson Keyes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Variety on View.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 October 1946!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 24 October 1946 ?
- Also see October 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In The Fellowship of the Ring, by J.R.R. Tolkien, the date is mentioned to Frodo Baggins by Gandalf upon his waking in Rivendell.
- Discordianism - Maladay
- Zambia - Independence Day (1964)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Antonio Maria Claret
- United Nations Day (charter 1945)
- John Bettis: American songwriter who wrote primarily for "The Carpenters.
- Catherine Keyl: Catherine Keyl is a Dutch television presentor.
- Patrick Grandperret: French film director, screenwriter and producer.
- Keti Chomata: Greek singer and actor (d. 2010).
- Jerry Edmonton: Canadian drummer (Steppenwolf and The Sparrows) (d. 1993).
- Netherlands and Indonesia sign cease fire
- A camera on board the V-2 No. 13 rocket takes the first photograph of earth from outer space.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1946 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Passe' - Tex Beneke & The Glenn Miller Orchestra
- The Whole World Is Singing My Song - Les Brown & His Orchestra (Vocal Doris Day)
- Andrews Sisters & Les Paul - Rumors Are Flying
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?