Friday 4 October 1946
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 4, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Susan Sarandon and Barbara Goldin.
My Darling Clementine, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Play the Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 October 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 October 1946!
Which were the important events of 4 October 1946 ?
- Susan Sarandon: American actress, notable in films from her debut in the 1970s.
- Barbara Goldin: American librarian and author of picture books, story collections, non-fiction, retellings, and historical fiction, including 18 published children's books.
- Larry Clapp: American lawyer and politician (d. 2013).
- Susan Sarandon [Tomaling] in Jackson Heights: New York, USA; actress (Bull Durham).
- Michael Mullen: American Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
- Bridget St John: English singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Chuck Hagel: American sergeant and politician 24th United States Secretary of Defense.
- Barney Oldfield: American automobile pioneer (Born 1878).