Friday 4 October 1946
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Susan Sarandon [Tomaling] in Jackson Heights and Barbara Goldin.
The Jolson Story, directed by Alfred E. Green, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
while The River Road by Frances Parkinson Keyes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Faraway Hill.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 October 1946!
Which were the important events of 4 October 1946 ?
- Susan Sarandon [Tomaling] in Jackson Heights: New York, USA; actress (Bull Durham).
- Barbara Goldin: American librarian and author of picture books, story collections, non-fiction, retellings, and historical fiction, including 18 published children's books.
- Susan Sarandon: American actress, notable in films from her debut in the 1970s.
- Larry Clapp: American lawyer and politician (d. 2013).
- Chuck Hagel: American sergeant and politician 24th United States Secretary of Defense.
- Michael Mullen: American Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff
- Bridget St John: English singer-songwriter and guitarist
- Barney Oldfield: American automobile pioneer (Born 1878).
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1946 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Rumors Are Flying - Betty Jane Rhodes
- Frank Sinatra - The Coffee Song
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?