Monday 21 October 1946
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 21, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jim Hill and Tetsu Yamauchi.
Beauty and the Bandit, directed by William Nigh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Play the Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 October 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 October 1946!
Which were the important events of 21 October 1946 ?
- Republic of China - Overseas Chinese Day
- French Republican Calendar - Tonneau (Barrel) Day, thirtieth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- In the comic novel Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, the Earth was born on this day in 4004 BC, within a quarter of an hour of 9 in the morning. This was supposedly because God liked to get things over with early.
- R.C. saints - Saint Ursula and her 11 (or 11000) virgins; Saint Hilarion
- Trafalgar Day ? celebrated throughout much of the British Empire in the 19th and early 20th Century.
- Also see October 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day of the Nacho ? celebrated in the United States and Mexico since the early 1990s.
- Diwali in India (2006)
- Jim Hill: American professional football player who became a newscaster upon retirement from the sport.
- Tetsu Yamauchi
- Lux Interior: American musician (The Cramps) (Born 1946).
- Jane Heal: English philosopher and academic.
- Lewis Grizzard: Writer.
- Lee Loughnane: American singer-songwriter and trumpet player (Chicago).
- Elfriede Jelinek: Playwright.
- Nicole Josy: Belgian singer, half of the duo 'Nicole & Hugo,' with Hugo Sigal.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1946 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Frank Sinatra - The Things We Did Last Summer
- Rumors Are Flying - Billy Butterfield & His Orchestra (Vocal Pat O'Connor)