Sunday 27 October 1946
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on October 27, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Carrie Snodgress and Ivan Reitman.
Beauty and the Bandit, directed by William Nigh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Play the Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 October 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 October 1946!
Which were the important events of 27 October 1946 ?
- St. Namatius
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - Independence Day (from Britain, 1979)
- Turkmenistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- St. Desiderius
- R.C. saints - October 27th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Abraham the Poor
- St. Vincent, Sabina, & Christeta
- St. Capitolina
- St. Odhran
- St. Elesbaan
- St. Florentius
- St. Frumentius, the saint who introduced Christianity into Ethiopia.
- St. Gaudiosus
- St. Abban of Murnevin
- Carrie Snodgress: American actress (d. 2004).
- Ivan Reitman: Czechoslovakian-born Canadian film actor, producer and director.
- Terry J Hart in Pittsburgh: Pennsylvania, USA; astronaut (STS 41C).
- Steven R Nagel in Canton: Illinois, USA; US Air Force/astronaut (STS 51-G, STS 61-A, STS 37).
- Pat Sajak: Entertainer.
- Steven Nagel: American colonel engineer and astronaut (d. 2014).
- Peter Martins: Danish dancer and choreographer.
- Leslie Byrne: (Rep-D-Virginia).
- Georgi Domitrovs National Front wins Bulgaria elections (78%)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1946 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Frank Sinatra - The Things We Did Last Summer
- Rumors Are Flying - Billy Butterfield & His Orchestra (Vocal Pat O'Connor)