Wednesday 16 October 1946
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 16, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Suzanne Somers and Jean-Jacques Guillet.
Nobody Lives Forever, directed by Jean Negulesco, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Play the Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 October 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 October 1946!
Which were the important events of 16 October 1946 ?
- Suzanne Somers: American actress of films and TV series who is usually cast as the sexy dumb-blonde.
- Jean-Jacques Guillet
- Suzanne Somers in San Bruno: California, USA; actress (Three's Company, Step by Step).
- Michael Aquino: American founder of the Temple of Set and one of America's leading Satanists.
- Jan Kruithof: Dutch race horse jockey, a harnessed trot racer who won Le Prix Jockey in 1984 on Noble Atout.
- Geoff Barnett: English footballer.
- Ernst Kaltenbrunner: Senior official of Nazi Germany during World War II.
- Granville Ransome Bantock: English Composer / conductor, dies at 78.
- Hans Franc: German war criminal, hanged.
- Wilhelm Frick: German civil servant, typical, with a colorless personality.
- Wilhelm Keitel: German Nazi Field Marshall and Chief of Staff of the High Command of the German Armed Forces (OKW), Hitler's closest military advisor and second only to him.
- Alfred Rosenberg: Estonian-German philosopher of national socialism, a racist politician, journalist and anti-Marxist, he also had a great influence on Hitler.
- Fritz Sauckel: German politician, Nazi, chief of slave labor recruitment whose orders moved five million people to slave work.
- Joachim von Ribbentrop: German soldier and politician 14th German Reich Minister for Foreign Affairs (d. 1946).
- Alfred G Jodl: Colonel-General / German staff chief weather authority, hanged.
- Arthur Seyss-Inquart: Austrian chancellor (1930s), dies at age 54.
- 10 Nazi leaders hanged as war criminals after Nuremberg trials
- Nuremberg Trials: Execution of the convicted Nazi leaders of the Main Trial.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1946 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Andrews Sisters & Les Paul - Rumors Are Flying
- Passe' - Tex Beneke & The Glenn Miller Orchestra
- The Whole World Is Singing My Song - Les Brown & His Orchestra (Vocal Doris Day)